Our clients' sucess stories CERiA
Centre of Excellence for Research in AIDS (CERiA)
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine
University Malaya Medical Centre
CERiA was founded in 2007 to better understand and combat the HIV epidemic i Malaysia as well as strengthening the ability to perform HIV related research locally..
Since its establishment Centre of Excellence for Research in AIDS in Malaysia has evolved to conduct HIV epidemic research in fields spanning from epidemiology, clinic and laboratory-based research and social behavioural studies..
CERiA collaborates with both local and international institutions and undertakes international collaborative studies on epidemiological and surveys of HIV infections, isolation and characterization of unique HIV-1 recombinants emerging in Malaysia.
- Multi-disciplinary research is conducted to address the major health and social issues associated with the HIV epidemic.
- HIV research in basic science, epidemiology, clinical and social and behavioral sciences.
- Consolidate and strengthen the current research infrastructure.
- Operational research including evidence-based interventions with the objective to establish impact on policy changes required to address the problem of HIV/AIDS in Malaysia.
- Perform training of a cadre of experts to conduct research locally in medical science, epidemiological, medical policy and intervention research in HIV & AIDS with a focus on connection to substance abuse.
- Enhancement of research capacity of scientists in conjunction with capable HIV/AIDS research facilities across the globe by mutual collaboration on projects.
How we helped
- Translation for Medical Research
- VEQTA translated journal articles, research founding in the field of epidemiology, research and Health English to Malay.
- Information material translated English to Arabic in the aftermath of the Syrian refugee crisis, surveys, questionnaires.